Box with compartments
Box with compartments is designed mainly to store smaller museum objects and photographic materials. This construction most often comes in the form of a lidded box with an arrangement of inner partitions which are made from thick and rigid museum-quality cardboard (ISO 9706, PAT). In another variety - the so-called "A" type - the partitions are made from the same type of cardboard which has been used to make the outer box.
Please note: producing boxes with compartments is one of the most difficult tasks Beskid designers are faced with. It can be equally difficult to understand your expectations regarding their shape. When placing an order and describing the specifics of the box you wish to get, please remember to provide the following information:
- a compartment and a partition are two different things! A box with 5 compartments (cells) in a row requires 4 partitions. If you order a box with 5 partitions, you will receive a box with 6 compartments with the same dimensions. It is not always clear and may result in a misunderstanding;
- external dimensions (a and b) of boxes with compartments might be much bigger than it might seem after simply adding up the dimensions of the cells. This, however, does not regard the height - in this case the box will only "grow" by a few millimetres;
- provide us with the expected arrangement of the cells. For example, the 8x1 arrangment will be understood as neighbouring cells arranged in one row and adjoining one another with a longer side;
- if you do not let us know otherwise, the cells will be symmetrical;
- if the storage of collections is limited by the dimensions of shelves, please let us know about it and we will consult the design of the box with you. We will define how many cells of particular dimensions can be arranged in the box so that it does not stick out of the shelf;
- museum-quality cardboard partitions are normally equipped with half-moon-shaped cutouts for fingers. If you don't need them, please make it clear in the order. In the case of "A" type partitions we avoid making the cutouts;
- any plan / layout or even a manual drawing of the box and the arrangement of compartments that you attach or enclose with the order will be extremely useful in the designing process!
- length (a)
- width (b)
- height (c)
- please provide information about the required arrangement of cells and their dimensions in the comments section
The Omni-Box system is a service whereby we produce single units and short series of archival storage products of non-standard constructions or in non-standard formats.
See all products.
The Omni-Box storage products are mainly designed for those of our Clients who need:
- one, a few or a few dozen units of storage products in a special, non-standard format;
- to store a collection of books in such a manner that each volume is kept in a separate box;
- storage products of non-standard construction.
First, our experienced designers make a computer design of a box or folder. After that, the product undergoes cutting and creasing by means of a digital plotter.
Do you feel discouraged when you think of how much work it takes to take measurements of all the books to be stored in individual boxes? There is no need! For that purpose we can lend you, free of charge, the Bookmeter. With this device, which resembles an aluminium drawer, you can measure a book’s spine width, its width and height in just a few steps. It provides a precise measurement, and the data is wirelessly sent to a table on your computer. This helps you prevent making a mistake, which can happen when taking measurements manually. All you need to do is provide a reference number of each volume and… it’s done!
This file is then used to produce a custom-made storage product for each volume.
When preparing a quote for Omni-Box products, we usually decide which material to use based on the construction of the product, its size and the type of object to be stored in it. However, if you would like the product to be made from a different type of cardboard or paper than the one we suggest, write to us and let us know about it. If producing a given product from your preferred material is technically possible, we will take it into account when preparing the quote.
The prices of Omni-Box storage products are calculated on an individual basis. Select a construction and provide us with dimensions, and we will prepare a quote for you.